Thursday, December 6, 2012

December

The holidays are in full force and I have so many great baking ideas. I didn't do too much baking over Thanksgiving. I tried my hand at a pumpkin roll, but it didn't turn out too well, so I didn't post any pictures. I found this great recipe on Pinterist, so I rushed over to Michael's and used by 40% off coupon to buy a jelly roll pan.  After using it twice, I figured that it's just way too big for a "roll". I think I'm going to have to invest in a smaller pan over the holidays.

Here is a picture of my second attempt at a roll. It's devils food cake, with peppermint buttercream, covered in dark chocolate ganache. I added some peppermint Andes for decoration. I took this over to my friends house for dessert last night and though it was not "pretty" it still tasted really yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment