Monday, January 10, 2011

Holiday Treats

December has always been known for it's holiday treats....and as usual I did a TON of baking! I didn't take pictures of everything but believe me the "goodies" definitely made an impact (on my butt & thighs!!!) LOL!

I made cookies and a popcorn munch for my co-workers, parfait cups for my family on Christmas night (Thanks Tammy!) and experimented with bread pudding, and a fiew quick breads.

I also tried to make a Matcha Green Tea cake, but I found that the Matcha is WAY too expensive  at $29/oz., so I ended up using regular green tea as my liquid and just used food coloring to make it "green".

O' well... it looked pretty and tasted good too, so that's all that really matters.  Oh...and I tried my first attempt at cake balls!!!  They aren't the prettiest....YET!!! But I will definitely keep practicing because they are oh...so...good!!!


This was the Green Tea/ Chocolate  Marble Cake (inspired by Bakerella)

This was the Bread Pudding....so Delish!!!



Cakes Balls....chocolate/strawberry cake with cream cheese icing...dipped in white chocolate and sprinkles!!!

Apricot, Pecan, White Chocolate Quick Bread....Everybody loved it!! I definitely need to make this again!!

1 comment: