Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hello Kitty Cake

I've been working on a few new things with my cakes lately.  First, I tried Bakerella's cake pops!  It was for Martin's niece, Alexis', 4th Birthday!!! She had asked me to make her a Hello Kitty cake back in November. She's only 4...she would ask me for the cake every time she saw me after that. She had no idea her birthday wasn't for three months. But once she saw the cake....she had the biggest smile!!!
Hello Kitty Cake Pops inspired by  Bakerella!!!

Alexis' 4th Birthday Cake


















I also worked on a Birthday Cake for Martin's Dad. It was a Lemon Raspberry Cake with White Chocolate Buttercream. This was the first time I worked with White Chocolate Buttercream and I think its my new FAV!!
Andres' Birthday Cake



The last thing I worked on this week were some fondant figures for my cousins Mike & Becky's 40th birthday party. Some other cousins, Monica & Deanna, made the cake and I helped out with the figures. The figures made it safely to the party and onto the cake.... but the cake was moved from one table to another and the figures ended up taking  dive into the green icing.  O'well....didn't matter....everybody still loved the cake.
Mike & Becky's 40th Birthday Cake by Deanna Teran and Monica Benevides

Mike & Becky...back in High School

No comments:

Post a Comment